All American Goodness

All-American Boys eating Burgers and Fries!

Anyway, so my friend Azn Sinsation and I were talking about hamburgers, and it went like this...

FC: I'm going to make some burgers. I'm going to make normal burgers.
AS: Real, American Burgers.
FC: None of that fusion mumbo jumbo. Real good, simple burgers.

And drawing some inspiration from Ina Garten, I made classic burgers that were good.



Recipe for the burgers:

1 pound of ground chuck
1 egg
1 Onion, pureed and sauteed until brown.
1/4 cup of tomato paste
1 teaspoon of Garlic
1/2 tablespoon of Worchestshire sauce
2 handfuls of Ritz crackers crumbled up
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Put everything into a bowl and mix up with a wooden spoon. Be careful not to overmix and compact the ingredients because that will make dense burgers that are hard to cook. Let it sit for at least an hour before grilling, or else the flavors won't combine and they will fight each other.

To Cook:

Get the grill real hot. Shape your mixture into about five patties. Using the flip and quarter turn cooking method as described in my porkchop recipe, cook the burgers. Dress as you see fit and eat.

My friend King Longfellow made the fries. He has minimal cooking skills. So he put some frozen (ick) fries in a sheet pan and baked them. I topped them with salt, pepper, and sugar. I don't consider myself a die-hard environmentalist, but avoiding frozen foods is one of the ways that I help our Earth.
Here are the pictures.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i sure hope you are not referring to me when you say azn sinsation since you know sure as hell i dont want to mentioned on your blog like that. or at all actually. you better have some other asian friend you are referring to.

Fielding Crestwood said...

I believe YOU were the one that suggested that name.